English for Academic Research is a specialist course designed to meet the needs of students who want to study a research based degree at either PhD or Master’s level or, who want to be involved in an exchange of research ideas in an English speaking environment.
English for Academic Research is designed to:
- Ensure students gain the skills needed to clearly express verbally and in writing their ideas about a research topic;
- Develop the reading, listening, writing and speaking skills that are relevant to the research experience;
- Equip students with the skills needed to successfully interact with their research supervisor; and
- Ensure that those wanting to be involved in research in an English speaking environment have the language and study skills needed.
English for Academic Research will help you learn the following skills:
- Vocabulary for research study
- Academic reading & comprehension
- Writing skills for research
- Conversational skills to communicate with supervisors and peers
- How to research academic articles
English for Academic Research
This course provides the English skills needed to study a research degree at PhD or Master's level.
Duration: 2 modules of 100 hours each