eBooks are a great interactive tool that help make self-directed learning more enjoyable and flexible!
What is an eBook?
An eBook is an interactive electronic version of a workbook that you can use easily on your tablet or laptop (MacBooks or Chromebooks only).
eBooks are available FREE when you enrol in Academic English (AE).
What are the characteristics of eBooks?
eBooks allow you to:
- View and listen to image and sound files in your workbook anytime you want.
- Make and save notes on each page
- Conduct interactive activities to help you review lessons.
How do you access eBooks?
You can access eBooks on your tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. eBooks are not available to download from a mobile phone at this time.
To access eBooks:
- Download the UTS:INSEARCH app through the App Store or Google Play
- To access the Free Demo eBook, click on Library and Download 'Test Your English'
- If you're enrolled in AE, go to Account and enter your username which is your UIG student ID and your password which is your date of birth (DDMMYYYY).
- You will be able to download the eBook for the level of AE you are enrolled in. Each time you enrol in an AE level you will be given access to the relevant eBook.